Here’s what you’ll need to do:
(Even if you do not read music, you’ll want the words.)
2. Sing through it a few times with this guide track.
There’s a short intro that asks you to clap twice; this will help us synch up the videos. Then the orchestra plays through the tune once as an introduction; you’ll start singing around 01:25.
When you feel comfortable singing the tune, you’re ready to record!
3. You’ll need two devices to record yourself: one device for watching the video of the guide track and another device to record your performance. You can use any combination of a desktop or laptop computer, a tablet, and/or a smartphone. You will need to wear headphones so that you can listen to the guide track while singing but only your voice is recorded. You can use wired or wireless headphones. [If you’re recording with a group of people, one person should be watching/listening to the guide track. The rest of the group watches that person to stay together with the guide track.]
4. See these tips on filming at home.
5. When you’re ready to record, turn on your camera; then turn on the video of the live recording. Don’t forget to clap together with the intro before you start singing. [If you’re recording with a group of people, only the leader needs to clap with the guide track.] With 600+ people singing, the guide track’s tempo isn’t always steady. Don’t worry too much about that. Just sing along as best you can and don’t stress about being perfect!
6. When the piece ends, wait for at least four seconds before stopping your camera. Save the video.
7. To upload the file, please use this google form.
8. The deadline for submitting your recording is Monday, October 11, 2021.
9. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com